Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Samuel Boux by Pierre Jean



'I am interested in how the relationship between the camera and the model can capture an essence that transcends plain portraiture. I am also interested in abstract "bodyscapes".'
Pierre Jean








Since returning to Montreal, Samuel Boux has shot with several photographers from the area. These striking images were the first to catch my eye. Pierre creates dynamic images using basic shapes, crisp lines and vibrant blacks and whites to create almost an solitary strength exuding from his subjects.



I first became aware of Pierre's work last fall when I was researching the profile I posted this past Sunday of Stefan Alexander. I have become a huge fan of his work, his style and especially of the interesting models he chooses to showcase with his talents.

Check out more of Pierre Jean on MM HERE:




No comments: