Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cracked:


You never know what posts will connect with readers and which ones will be quickly scrolled on by. It is like pulling teeth most days to get even a word or two in the form of a comment. I guess tumblr is part of the issue. People seem to just want to quickly glance at a hot shot and then immediately be treated to another image without having to stop and understand why they liked the first image to begin with.


I have come to terms with the fact no matter how much time, or how much thought, I put into a post...except for a couple of faithfuls, (thank you!!!) no one is going to say a word. I have learned the main reason to blog is not for those who read and comment, but for yourself. Once in awhile however I know a post connected, not by the comments but by an e-mail.


My grocery store encounter last month, which I wrote about in my April 18th edition of The Gentlemen of Marlon Boro, elicited a comment from Bobby and a couple of e-mails from two readers, one from California and one from Germany of similar blood rushes as they walked through a store. (Hardware in CA, another grocery in Germany).


I am not sure why a touch of crack can sometimes be nothing, sometimes even be distasteful and other times be totally orgasmic. I do know however the reason is not the man sporting the cleavage, but instead the head space of the brain that's viewing it.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm one of many viewers that see and enjoy your posts everyday. They rss into my inbox, which is a fantastic way of ignoring work.
I never comment, and usually avoid reading comments on sites because they can be so negative.

Markey said...

I read your column daily. I'm just not a commenter but, I do enjoy your blog. Try not to get too frustrated. My friends almost never comment on my website either.

Markey said...

I read your blog every day. I'm just not a commenter. I have a website dedicated to music and my friends and family never comment on it either. (shrug)

Unknown said...

Good point! A guy's cleavage can be arousing in one context - like a tight speedo on a sunny beach - and repugnant - like those dudes who wear their baggie shorts below their butts all the time. It's a subjective thing.
As for comments, I ignore them and look for pageviews.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate all your hard work with the blog and fantastic photography.
Look forward to every new post.

Anonymous said...

I too visit your site daily, and inevitably am incredibly impressed with your creativity and thoughtful posts. I have commented occasionally and will try to do so more often. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Bobby F said...

Thanks, Tye, for remembering my comment. :-)
The guy working in the bathroom (I guess he is the shower) reminds me of my grocery store freeballing encounter.
And, as trying as it is, I hope you continue to find the will to keep Favorite Hunks and Other Things going. It is often one of the highlights of my day...even when I don't comment.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and hope you continue it for years to come. I would like to comment more often but sometimes I fail to think of anything insightful to say. Most of the time I agree with everything you say and commenting on that seems redundant. I'll try to comment more often because I do appreciate all the work you put into your blog.

-Chris