Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone chowing down on turkey today!


Everyone who reads FH knows I love any excuse to post holiday themed images. Although Thanksgiving is not generally a sought after theme in the world of shooting the male form, I make do. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and seasons. I hope whether your sitting at a huge table surrounded by family and friends, or nuking a Swanson turkey dinner for 1 that there is a little thanks, and a little giving in your life.


I love this quote from Irish poet John O'Donohue. It has a lot of meaning for me and thank Ira David Wood III who shared it yesterday as a thought for Thanksgiving on his Facebook page.

'Home is where the heart is. It stands for the sure center where individual life is shaped and from where it journeys forth. What it ultimately intends is that each of its individuals would develop the capacity to be at home in themselves. When one is at home in oneself, one is integrated and enjoys a sense of balance and poise. In a sense that is exactly what spirituality is: the art of homecoming.'


Thanksgiving on FH:


No comments: