Friday, November 20, 2015

Showing Them Who's Boss


'Hold Me Closer Tony Danza'
Phoebe Buffay


There are some men, like fine wines, that take me a while to fully appreciated. Tony Danza is one of those fine wines. I was only a kid when Who's The Boss was on the air. I was more into Alyssa Milano, or at least pretended to be, with pin-ups of her on my walls. It was easier, at least with my brothers, to have Milano on the wall than other sit-com stars like Ricky Schroder or the pre-douche Growing Pains version of Kirk Cameron.


I liked Katherine Helmond, and like many, pondered the mystery that was Judith Light's hair. The show was rather mindless and I really didn't give Danza much thought, he was the Dad on the show, that's was about it. My dad, or daddy interests, didn't begin til I was quite a bit older. But last week, Danza was in the news again, honoring his former Who's The Boss co-star Danny Pintauro at the Aid for AIDS My Hero gala in New York.


A quick google search on Danza led to a bevy of beefy shirtless shots from the 70's and 80's and all of a sudden I got, and got hard, Danza's appeal. That tight little body, usually in tight jeans, along with his New York Italian accent and those adorable dumbfounded facial expressions he often wore are incredibly sexy. Although I didn't see it at 8, I see it very clearly now.





Battle Of The Network Stars


Who's the Boss

Going Ape (1981)

No comments: