Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Vintage Vantage:


My goal with FH is to post each and every day. Due to my job, my social life and time constraints, that doesn't always happen. But... when planning out my week of posts, I usually end up choosing the man who is going to be featured on each day's Birthday post. Although I didn't post yesterday, I wanted to share three of the images I chose for birthday boy Robert Wagner who turned 86 on February 10th.

Wagner with Tony Curtis and Rock Hudson

I was never a huge fan of Wagner, and have never seen a second of Hart to Hart. It wasn't until recently, watching him TCM and seeing a young Wagner in some of his supporting film roles that I began to appreciate his talent, and his beauty. My favorites being A Kiss Before Dying and The War Lover. The first image I saved came from Vanity Fair on-line and features Robert buffing up his 1947 Cadillac convertible. The second, features Robert on a ladder along with Tony Curtis and Rock Hudson. The third is a still of a shirtless Wagner (and a young Peter Graves) from 1953's Beneath the 12-Mile Reef.

Beneath The 12-Mile Reef

No comments: