Saturday, February 13, 2016

Heart Throb: Video & Behind The Scenes


I think fate had a little to do with Norm's appearance on FH this Valentines. I have been fortunate to have been able to showcase the work of New Manhattan Studios on many holidays, including February 14th. I first featured Wes's heart and chocolate themed images with his romantic penthouse images of Claudiu back in 2014. (Ambition). Then last year, we celebrated the day with New Manhattan Studios work with Bond in two features, (A Valentines Unattire) and a look behind the scenes. (Becoming Bond)


'There was an amusing commonality between the two sessions that might be apparent to the more intent viewer. Bond’s borrowed-from-Dad tuxedo and Norm’s purchased-for-the-occasion red flannel long-johns were each visibly too big. Any number of clamps and pins couldn’t hide the fact that the models were swimming in the clothing'


'The solution in both cases was the same: grab a few establishing shots and get them out of the clothes as quickly as possible. Both men did so with aplomb as the camera’s clicked away.'


Wes and I had been talking for awhile about showcasing Alex Corso, both his work in front of, and behind the camera. FH kicked off the New Year with All Things Alex, a celebration of Alex's work with NMS. In the feature The Importance of Detail, the focus was on Alex's work as a photographer and within that set was a model, and incredible body, that I knew I wanted to explore further.


'I was blown away by the 18-year-old’s impressive physique. Indeed, not only is his build the best I’ve seen on anyone that young, he has one of the best-defined bodies of anyone I’ve shot. It was a pleasure working with him.'


I too was impressed with Norm's look and his incredible physique that he clearly works hard to maintain. It was the gym that originally connected Norm to Alex, who also works out there. Norm and Alex became friendly and after Norm learned of Alex's job, began to think maybe all of his hard work might need to be captured and enjoyed by others.


'Wes and Alex are very good kind hearted people they were very supportive and very impressed by my shoots considering that I'm new at this! I was a bit nervous but I figured why not show off the hard work I put at the gym? It would be rude not to show off once in a while for all the hours I put in. I look forward for more shoots with Wes and Alex because I really enjoyed it!!!!!'


I am sure most of us would love to open our door to find Norm on the other side with flowers, a box of chocolates, in a tux, white shirt or wearing nothing at all. Thanks to Norm and NMS for the Valentine visit and I hope the tradition of holidays on FH with images from New Manhattan Studios continues long in the future. I have many idea's I'd love to explore (although Wes didn't seem to impressed with my idea for Alex and a four leaf clover...) But I look forward to what's to come next!



No comments: