Tuesday, September 13, 2016

FaVorite Import of the Day: Óscar Jaenada


Ok... I know I'm not the only one who did a one eighty with the character of Carlos in The Shallows...  When the film began, I thought Carlos was going to be the villian.  The creepy driver who was going to try something unseemly with Blake Lively's bikini clad Nancy.


I know I went from feeling uneasy about Carlos, to totally crushing on him by the end of the film. That push/pull of attraction is mostly due to the talent of actor Óscar Jaenada.  The Spanish actor was unknown to me, but has a huge list of credits including including a ton of Spanish movies and television shows, and in US productions including 2011's Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.


I loved The Shallows, an over the top, but intense and enjoyable film which totally played to my love of adventure and sharks.  I wish Carlos had a bit more to do, but loved how Óscar book ended the film.  Googling the actor after seeing the film was an equally enjoyable experience.


Óscar's acting resume includes more nude scenes that I could actually count.  Although Blake Lively froliced on the beach in The Shallows, she was wearing her bikini and wet suit.  Óscar wore far less when he played on the beach in the 2006 flick Dias Azules.  I attempted to find clips and shots of some of Óscar's most revealing roles below.


Lisístrata (2002)

XXL (2004)

Dias Azules (Blue Days) 2006



Noviembre (2003)
Oscar is the last guy on the far right

No comments: