Friday, October 14, 2016

10: DirtRoad by Noplacia


'My own skin fits better than the latest fashions.'


Warren Ruseell's (DirtRoad) quote above is one of the the reasons I keep going back to his work. Warren's comfortably, not just in front of the camera, but in his own skin, translates strongly through his images to the viewer. Seeing Warren naked in the woods, naked on the train tracks or naked in a field of flowers, doesn't just inspire erotic fantasy's about Warren's body, but about your own. Seeing Warren's images has me wanting and dreaming of losing my own inhibitions and finding a field of my own.


'I’ve always been the artistic type. I model because I enjoy it. I’d rather go for a walk barefoot in the forest than see the sights in the city. When it comes to modeling, I would rather make people feel something than want to buy something. Keep it natural, keep it real. Steer away from the consumerism and appreciate what’s really there.'


This piece marks Warren's 14th piece on FH and the 7th FH feature from Warren's work with photographer Gary Larson from Noplacia Photography. Gary sent on these beautiful early shots of Warren showering and shaving, daily life events that are a staple of Warren's images.


'I didn't do anything with this shoot because the lighting in the bathroom was challenging, and I could have made better decisions with my camera settings; however, Warren did a great job. The photos were taken from the second of eight shoots we did. Second shoots typically are the best shoots because the model and I know more what to expect from each other.'


'Our first shoot involved a lot of typical poses from my catalogue of classical poses and some shots of Warren and his trademark prop, an ax.
Warren showed up to the second shoot with a bag of underwear, a ton of confidence, and sexual energy. After trying on a bunch of the underwear, i asked him to put on a white towel and come do some shots in the bathroom.'








DirtRoad on FH:



No comments: