Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cock Of The Walk


To start, please forgive me for the more than obvious post title, it was either that or Yoke's on you... Secondly, I must admit that this post is sort of a mix mash of several topics I had stashed in my idea folder. Sadly, none of them came together with enough images to create a full post, but combining them together... well, I'll let you be the judge.


There is a ton of erotic imagery featuring the male form with Cowboy themes and beautiful men with horses. Last year, I found the image below and thought I might do a piece featuring men with animals from the farm accompanied by the lyrics to Old MacDonald Had A Farm. Lame I know, but an idea folder has to have some lame ideas in order for the good ones to stand out. Eventually I decided I could not find enough good imagery of men with barnyard animals (at least not ones fitting the theme...) so dropped the idea.


The idea then morphed into a farmer/in the barn theme when a few months ago, I found an incredible set of images of a model I loved whose images were perfect for the post. Sadly, and frankly rudely, neither the photographer or the model responded to my e-mails, not even to let me know they had no interest. I held on for a few more months, and tried one follow-up, but then that idea, without photographer approval, needed to be scratched as well.


Last week however, when talking to Robert Guttke about a post, he mentioned he was off to shoot a subject who wanted to be photographed with their pet chickens. My head began to spin with what an amazing, fun and of course horrible job that might turn out to me. At the same time however, I was fascinated and the theme of men and their birds (fowl, that is) and the post theme was again hatched.


I knew Robert had a bit of experience having seen his images of Benjamin Godfre holding a rubber duckie, but a real chicken would have a whole new set of challenges. In the end, a difficult to pose chicken, didn't turn out to be any more of a challenge than many of the other models Robert had shot. With the absence of ego, the chicken actually ended up fairly easy going and Robert was able to get some great shots without ruffling too many feathers.


So there you have it, the trajectory of a typical FH post. What began as one idea, changed a few times before actually making it onto the blog. This post proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that in this particular case, what clearly came first, was indeed the chicken!



Down On The Farm:
A few more images that I saved for the theme
Image above vie The Naked Farmers Calendar.

Pigs:

Sheep:

Goats:

Cows:

No comments: