Monday, June 3, 2013

Michael by Christopher Photography


'I shoot what I like and I like what I shoot.'


The last time I profiled the work of Christopher Photography, the focus wasn't just on the models, it was also on Darling Nicky, a mannequin who preferred the company of half naked men. I knew when as soon as I saw the images of Nicky I wanted to feature them on the blog. Since FH is not my job, I to get to choose what I like as well, and when I saw Christopher's recent work with Michael, I liked!


Michael has an incredible body, beautiful olive skin and intense, penetrating brown eyes that Christopher captured masterfully. Christopher has an eye for finding the right person that he feels he can capture and create great art with. Michael was chosen for the Boy Next Door blue jean series Christopher is working on, and as you can clearly tell, Michael fills them out perfectly.


'This shoot was the first time I ever shot with Michael. I had seen him a while back on Model Mayhem and I noticed that he had shot with some of my fellow photographers. I decided to contact him since I knew I would be traveling on business down to the coast. I try to make it a point to shoot locally, no matter where I travel.'


Originally from South Carolina, Michael has lived in Corpus Christi for the past 22 years. Michael is pretty new to modeling and although initially a little uncomfortable at the beginning of the shoot due to the location, (a hotel room), he became more and more comfortable as the shoot progressed. Generally Christopher tries to meet or do a phone interview to discuss all the details prior to a shoot, and although they had exchanged e-mails and spoke over the phone, Christopher's first meeting with Michael was on the day of the shoot.


'The camera loves him. He definitely knows how to work the lens. Michael has a natural beauty about him. He has a lean muscular body that I was able to highlight with just one Nikon SB800 flash and a reflector. I have a small traveling studio that I have assembled. Michael stated that he was glad he shot with me. He did not realize it was going to be such a work out and he had learned a lot during the shoot. He also stated that he was glad to do something different and grow from his experience shooting with me. All in all, we made great art together.'


If you want to check out more of Christopher's work, or if your a model, brand new or seasoned, who wants to shoot, check out his ModelMayhem page HERE:


No comments: