Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Adam Baldwin: A Lust Born On The 4th Of July


It was almost impossible to avoid AMC's July marathon of Independence Day. It not only played all day on the 4th, but the days leading up to, and the days following. (in fact, I believe it is on now as I type). I saw the 1996 blockbuster when I was in school, and caught bits and pieces on tv since. I sat again through the entire film and as corny as it could be at times, for what it was, I enjoyed it. Sometimes things stand out when reviewing something you may have not have noticed the first time and with this viewing, it was actor Adam Baldwin.


You all know his face, Baldwin has been acting steadily in film an on television since his debut in 1980's My Bodyguard. I think I first notice when I first saw Ordinary People when I was kid. Baldwin played one of Timothy Hutton's friends in the Robert Redford directed film. Baldwin is one of those actors who slips in and out of parts with ease, playing heroes and villains with equal skill and ease. His face is memorable and I am sure, like myself, whenever you have seen him on screen, you get an instant feeling of familiarity.


In researching Adam (who is not one of the other Baldwin's) it was amazing to see how many projects I had seen him in without realizing it was him. I think this is the true test of talent that an actor and inhabit a role so seamlessly. Within his hundreds of roles, Adam had a few brief moments of nudity, and all that I could find, I included below.

DC Cab (1983)

Baldwin's first film, My Bodyguard (1980)

Bad Guys (1986)

After getting suspended, 2 LAPD cops (Baldwin being the blonde one in this case) making a living with construction work, stripping and eventually wresting to pay the bills.

You can download a longer version of the above clip, and other of Adam's scenes of skin at SOMS HERE:


3:15 (1986)

Firefly


Trade Off (1995)

Interesting note about Trade Off. As a lifetime movie, there was of course no nudity. The main cap above clearly has Baldwin in black briefs as he gets out of the tub. But... There was a European VHS release which included the same scene with a very brief, but clear full frontal. Sadly, the on-line caps are quite blurry, but I will keep my eye out for the European version.

Starquest II (1996)

In the 1996 sci fi flick, Baldwin plays Lee, an astronaut whose crew is abducted by aliens on their space ship. Lee has a series of flashbacks about being experimented on by the aliens. I haven't seen this one yet, but the premise... sounds promising.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those women were so damn thirsty.

-Chris

Kaos66iii said...

I like Adam Baldwin as an actor. Firefly one of my favorite shows. But, I can't stand his political and social views. He comes off as a very hateful person and something of a