Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Body of Soul: Logan by JGH Photography


'There's a soulful quality to Logan's face that's a bit sad but isn't pitiful, in fact, once we got to the studio I spent more time taking headshots of him than almost anything else!'


John's reference to a 'soulful quality' is apropo as it is something I have consistently found radiates from John's imagery. The Michigan photographer blends vidid lighting, dark and shadow, pose and reflection to create stark and powerful images of the male form.


'I got really busy with commercial photography this year and didn't have much time to pursue nude photography. But when I saw Logan's profile on Model Mayhem I knew I wanted to shoot with him. He had done both adult work and traditional modeling and was obviously comfortable in front of the camera. His body is natural but defined, and he had gorgeous chiselled features.'


With model Logan Stone, the soulfulness visibly originates from his beautiful sad eyes. John keeps Logan's eyes and face central to many of the images but expands upon the theme with his lighting, mirrors and the unique, and poses which while although remain erotically artistic, also tease and beautifully push limits.


'For the mirror shots I softened the light which is unusual for male nudes. His touching expressions, the slight parting of his lips, and the beauty of his naked body really reminded me that I'm photographing a whole person, not just a model who poses on demand.'


Logan says that he truly loves to model, especially the creative process of bringing an artists vision to life. This was certainly accomplished in his work with JGH Photography. John shares that Logan was not only extremely reliable and great to work with, but highly professional. John is already looking forward to their next shoot. 'Any photographers out there who are looking for models, I really recommend Logan!'





No comments: