Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The 9 Lives of Thackery Binx


Ah, say into pie, oppa mabey uppen die
Ah say into pie, oppa mabey uppen die
In kama koray, ah, ma
Hey, hi, say, bye, bye, bye bye

Artwork from Ayakemono

Like many of you, Halloween means a re-watch of Hocus Pocus. Back in 2009 I did a Blast from the Past feature on Hocus Pocus star Omri Katz (HERE:) This year I thought it was time to catch up with actor Sean Murray who played Thackery Binx in the 1993 film.


Sean was 16 when Hocus Pocus came out and I was only a year or two older when I headed to the theatre to see the film. I remember crushing over Thackery and his beautiful bangs and always thought he needed a bigger role. Maybe if they ever do that rumoured sequal we will get to see more of him, in human and feline form.


I had no idea when I started this post where Sean ended up and little did I know he a regular fixture on one of television's biggest show. I am one of the very few who has never seen a minute of NCIS, although it is on continuously at my parent house. I had no idea Sean has played Timothy McGee on the CBS procedural since 2003. Although the bangs are gone, Sean still has an adorable welcoming quality that had so many of us loving Thackery when we were younger.


Hocus Pocus

No comments: