Sunday, January 10, 2016

Alex Corso: En Estilo

Norm

One of the reasons I am so fascinated with behind the scenes images is process. I love to hear the stories of how shoots come together, and all that goes into creating the final images we all see and enjoy. I also think process images bring an added layer to my enjoyment of images, and a visual appreciation of the artist behind the lens.

Victor

With the countless images of the male form posted all over the internet, it is easy to forgot that behind each one of them was an artist with a concept. Images are often all about the model, and more specifically, the models body and body parts. Behind the scenes and out-takes images remind viewers there is a man inside that body, a model and photographer who worked together to create the image the viewer is seeing and enjoying.

Luca

There is also elements of behind the scenes images which help with fantasy fulfilment. We all have had thoughts and dreams of what a nude photo shoot must be like. The reality though is both less, and more than most of us actually imagine. Over the last eight years, I have interviewed many models who have taken off their clothes for a shoot, and the many photographers behind the camera capturing them.

Matteo

Although I hear stories of nude photo shoots being interrupted by spectators and the odd unplanned erection most of the stories are about how both model and photographer complete their job. The model's focus on fitness and ensuring their bodies are ready for their close-ups. A photographers struggle with locations, scheduling and lighting complications.

Adonis

There is admittedly though another reason I am so drawn to behind the scenes images. There is voyeuristic feel both hearing, and seeing how a shoot comes together that is both erotic and grounding at the same time. Seeing Alex spritz a naked model with a spray water bottle may be sexy, but it is also an important part of how images are created. I also think Alex Corso's journey, and experiences both in front of, and behind the camera, are ones that many of us have dreamt of being a part of.

Ricardo

For many years I thought photography was going to be my career. I have written many times about shooting friends, pets and weddings, something most who start out in the field find themselves shooting at the beginning. Somewhere though, between year one and year two of University, I went for the safe choice choosing a career path that although not as creative, would ensure I was always able to pay the bills. I think this is one of the reasons I am so grateful to Wes and Alex, and all of the other photographers, who welcome myself, and readers of FH, to join them visually on their shoots. It not only makes us feel like a small part of the process, for me, it has had me rethinking my future career plans. If I ever do step behind the camera again, you all will be the first to see the results.

Branding Norm: Made In New Jersey

I think these behind the scenes shots of Alex prepping Norm, and his beautiful backside, are a great example of how a look, this time a temporary tattoo, all come together to create the final image.




New Manhattan Studios