Friday, August 5, 2016

Clint Eastwood: Four Decades of Ass


'I'd say get to work and start being more understanding of everybody—instead of calling everybody names, start being more understanding. But get in there and get it done. Kick ass and take names. And this may be my dad talking, but don't spend what you don't have.'


Yes, Clint Eastwood can be a bit of a douche at times, but at 86, I cut him a little slack. I read the entire Esquire article, and it wasn't nearly as bad as many are reporting. Eastwood, and son Scott are quite endearing together, and Scott clearly doesn't take after his dad politically. That however, is ok in 2016. Clint clearly did take after his father, his views socially and politically. Following in a parents footsteps, either with work, or with values and believes, used to be something far more common than todya.


I still like Clint, he was a favorite actor of my fathers. Although my father thinks very differently (thankfully) politically, he enjoyed his movies, and I enjoyed watching them with my father. Since Clint can be at times a political ass, my response is always to spotlight that ass. Clint showed his behind in three movies that I know of, in 1979, in 1984 and in 2000. Here are some highlights...


Escape From Alcatraz (1979)

Tightrope (1984)

Tied up and oil in Tightrope


Space Cowboys (2000)


Below: Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and James Garner

No comments: