Monday, April 24, 2017

DavisIcon: Dark Beauty


'With the right model, a photograph can make you do many things. it can make you think, laugh, smile, cry, want, need, and of course it can make you wanna be the "model" or even better "it can sell you something" you didn't know you wanted or needed!'


One of the traits I admire most in others is the ability to see light, even when there isn't any. Seeing through the darkness, and not being engulfed by it. April 26th is William's birthday, but since I am not posting birthdays on that day, I wanted to ensure to commemorate the occasion. Working on FH allows me to focus on the aesthetic. When working with the images of a gifted a photographer, I can let go of all that's going on around me and focus on the beauty of work that I am featuring.


William has always been incredibly supportive and no matter what has been going on for him personally, has gone out of his way whenever I have asked. William has had his own struggles the last few years, many incredibly painful and stressful days and months. Yet, whenever I hear from him, there is a always a hint of light when describing the darkness he has experienced. Always looking towards the beauty that spring brings and his ability the warmer weather allows him to get out and shoot again. William, like so many, finds his energy in creating and I wish him many more spring birthdays, and look forward to featuring his future creations.


Check out all of William's work on FH on his Quarternate post HERE:


No comments: