Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Return to Twin Peaks


'The owls are not what the seem.'


I distinctly remember the evening of April 8th, 1990. I was still in school, and working on my homework in my bedroom in the basement. I hadn't heard of the new TV show premiering that night, but David Lynch's new Gothic soap opera was playing on the 14 inch color television in the corner of my room. I think I noticed the music first, but it was when Sarah Palmer (the great Grace Zabriskie) began wailing with grief, that I looked up, paid attention, and was hooked for the rest of the episode.


Of course Sarah was grieving over the news her daughter Laura had died and Laura's death would be the mystery that carried the shows first season. I have to admit, that my interest in the show, and the story, diminished greatly as season one progressed, so much so, that I don't remember even watching season 2. But that pilot was superb, so much so I find myself looking forward to the show's return on Showtime this May.

Dana with co-star Mädchen Amick

Twin Peaks had it's share of hot men including; Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean and James Marshall. The guy that grabbed my attention though was Bobby Briggs (no relation...) played by actor Dana Ashbrook. Dana looked like a model, tall, thin with his chiseled face and beautiful huge eyes. He also sported a great 90's head of wavy hair that grabbed my attention. Dana, along with Kyle and James are returning for the show's re-boot, and except for the grey hair, Dana's appeal, and that great face of his, remain crush worthy.

Dana with co-star Leo Johnson, looking very much men from the 90's

Dana continued working steadily after Twin Peaks left the air, but except for a short stint on Dawson's Creek, not really in projects that I remember watching. In doing a little research I discovered Dana did have one brief nude scene in 1995's Comfortably Numb. Just a brief butt flash, but enough to have me dig up a copy and do some caps below.



Peggy Lipton, Dana and Mädchen Amick

James Marshall and Dana

Harry Goaz, Dana and Michael Ontkean

Comfortably Numb (1995)



No comments: