Monday, May 22, 2017

Late to The Affair


My crush on actor Dominic West began after seeing him A Midsummer Night's Dream, Rock Star and Chicago. I didn't see a lot of Dominic after that on screen and despite hearing how amazing it was, I have yet to commit to watching The Wire. Even with all the positive buzz, I resisted beginning The Affair, until last week, when I had a marathon of the first half of season 1.

A Midsummer Night's Dream (1999)

The show is a bit slow at times, but the story telling and relationship drama is incredibly compelling. The acting from the four leads is stellar, and my crush on Dominic is firmly intact. I look forward to seeing where each of the four main characters go as the seasons progress.

Rock Star (2001)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you're ready to make the commitment to The Wire, be patient. It takes almost a whole season to get going, but then POW! it's fantastic. Remember, it was all mapped out before they shot the first scene, so nothing is wasted. It's wonderful!!!