Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Complete Package: Christopher Atkins


'I remember first seeing the issue in a pile of old magazines in my neighbours basement that I was getting paid to help clean. I so wanted to steal it, but was nervous, and an opportunity never arose. I remember making up an excuse to go down into the basement a few weeks later, plan set to find the issue, but that pile of magazines was gone. Months later however, I was pleasantly surprised to find a copy at the bottom of a pile of magazine in my dentist's waiting room.'


I think my love of the male form began in the early eighties with magazines. It was seeing celebrities, like Christopher Atkins, Matt Dillon, John Stamos, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Jason Bateman and so many teen idols from the eighties and nineties. Growing up in a small city, I didn't have many opportunities to see photo books or visit photo exhibitions. It was fairly easy to get my hands on teen magazines, still being in the closet, I could always say it was because of love for Heather Locklear or Alyssa Milano.


Those early images, taken by photographers for TV and movie magazines imprinted in my brain and are a huge part of the reason I started FH. I used to collect my favorite images and had dozens of scrapbooks with my favorite shots, in many ways, FH has replaced those scrapbooks I spent so many times putting together. I love seeing how the depiction of the male form has changes over the years. We may see much more skin from some of our male celebrities these days, yet overt sexuality is far less apart of thier promotion, especially if compared to young actors from decades gone by.


I decided after a decade of FH that it was time to compile and organize the images on FH: Like my Quaterate posts for photographers, I thought it was time to put all of the pieces I have done on actors and models all in one place, giving them their own scrapbook. There is not better actor to begin with than Christopher Atkins. Atkins began his career naked on film, and form most of his early career, learned his appearance was a crucial part of his draw. Atkin's posed nude several times over the last decade, mostly for Greg Gorman who shot him several times, including shooting Atkins for appearances in Playgirl. Below is the complete package of posts featuring many of my favorite images of Atkins, and his inspiring male form.


Christopher Atkins on FH:

Birthday Posts: 2008 | 2011 | 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
Men In Tights (2018)
Return to Turtle Island (2017)
Just Like An Old Time Movie
Shirtless in Short Creek (2016)
Peak-A-Ball (2015)
Last Of The Lattanzi's (2015)
Brenton Thwaites: Beyond The Lagoon... (2014)
The Pirate Movie: (2014)
Omri Katz: Horror Hunks (2013)
Celebrity Con Artists (2012)
On the Boat, A Night in Heaven (2012)
Happy Anniversary Blue Lagoon (2011)
Just Because: Christopher Atkins (2010)
In Their Youth: Greg Gorman (2010)
On the Lake (2009)
And of Course (2009)
Confessions of A Teen Idol (2009)
Wet Wild Summer (Julian McMahon Birthday Post, 2008)
Favorite Photo Shoot Which Should't Have Happened (2008)
PAUSE SCENES FROM THE 80'S: The Blue Lagoon | A Night in Heaven



No comments: