Thursday, November 9, 2017

Michael Parks: Blast from the Past


Earlier this year, I save a image someone had posted on Twitter. The caption was R.I.P and the shot was of a naked man (duh) lying on the sand. I put it in my 'hold' folder, a folder I use to put images in that I don't really know that much about, but grab my attention. Last week, I finally used google image search to figure out who was in the image and learned it was actor Michael Parks who died earlier this year.


Parks was a successful actor who worked steadily on both Film and TV since the early 60's. The image I saw on Twitter was of Parks as Adam the 1966 John Houston film, The Bible: In The Beginning. In going through is IMDB page, it is clear I have seen Parks before, he was a regular on Twin Peaks, a show I watched as a teenager during it's original run. Parks also appeared in many recent projects, including multiple appearances in films from Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino.


It is always interesting to me to discover an actor that I have clearly seen in projects over the years, yet, never really noticed. Parks has such a memorable, and handsome face, and looks incredibly sexy as Adam and in older images that I found, I a sure if I saw him in something today...I would take notice!

The Bible: In The Beginning (1966)






No comments: